Friday, March 16, 2007

It's that time of year again.

I hope the five or six people who read this will forgive me for not updating more frequently, but it's spring cleaning for Pesach season, and I'm up to my eyeballs in it. I'm taking this opportunity to try and de-clutter a bit, and while those "get organized" shows on BBC and HGTV make it look easy - it isn't. So please forgive me - but really, there's hasn't been anything remarkable in the news anyway.

Peak oil continues to wreak havoc on prices of everything, especially food, since most of it transported from so far away. I think I saw on MarketWatch.com yesterday or the day before that food prices are going up at an annual rate of 18% the last quarter or two. By the summer quarter, we will all have to start adjusting our grocery budgets, I imagine. But this shouldn't be any great surprise to you. What is surprising to me is that there are still people out there who think the peak oil effect on prices of goods and gasoline will just go away someday.

Society continues to crumble apace, both in and out of the frum yeshiva world. Nothing new there. Scandals of fraud and abuse and powermongering and greed continue everywhere.

People continued to be appalled at the idea they may need to strictly conserve electricity and give up driving in the next decade. Again, they're expecting somebody to wave a magic wand and make their unsustainable lifestyle continue. Good luck with that, I reply.

Politically, what we have in the middle east is the calm before WWIII. Anybody who doesn't admit that is deluding themselves. The presidential race in the US is a joke. Whomever is elected will do whatever the CFR tells them to, and nothing else.

And so on and so on.

Time to nuke this planet and move on, eh? It's all pretty hopeless.

Come soon, Mashiach.

No comments: