Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This might be the last post.

I'm tired of blogging.

I don't feel as if any of the communities out there are listening to what I have to say. And if what I have to say is of no value to anyone, then why say it?

I'm tired of putting so much effort into fostering an acceptance that I do not receive in return, for a community that does not give a rat's rear end about me - a community that I am not part of and apparently cannot be, since people with issues need not apply.

Sitemeter stats notwithstanding, I just don't think there's any point to this anymore. I felt that way back in January, but I thought a vacation might change my mind. It hasn't.

So this is the last post. For the students at Fullerton College and others who have been studying Freedomnomics and Decline of the West, I will leave up the posts until Blogger cancels the blog for lack of activity. (So you might want to make copies of those posts that you want or like.)

It's been an interesting experience. Thank you to all of my regular readers, and to those who surf in by way of searches. I hope you find what you are looking for. I will answer emails and moderate comments (since those are emailed to me), but I do not intend to post anymore new material.

It's been an experience conversing with you all.

Shalom to everyone.

Regards, Ahavah Gayle.

8 comments:

SJ said...

did something happen that got you fed up or was it gradual? O.o

Ahavah Gayle said...

It's been a gradual thing that led up to a big blowup yesterday, finally. I was told today by my colleages and the director of the federation where I work to please not quit, so I'm not going to quit my job (and I don't HAVE to work, just so you know - and I volunteer as many hours as I'm paid for at my job, since funds are so low there), but I've had it with this one Rabbi and his congregation. I'm done with them - completely.

SJ said...

Ahava, your blogging is not meaningless. Merely stating your opinion has value unto itself, and the fact that you don't agree with everything has value, especially in your community. XD

As I wrote in another blog, bloggers are people who in their own way, would keep society free and keep political and religious leaders honest.

Ahavah Gayle said...

I'll think about what you have said, but even you surely admit that even the best intentioned writers are pretty much spitting into the wind. Maybe next week I will have cooled down a bit - right now I'm pretty mad.

SJ said...

The fact that your associates know that dissent exists is a good thing.

Ahavah Gayle said...

Wow - apparently Schmarya feels the same as me. Must be some sort of malaise going around (or else we're just getting tired of beating our heads against a brick wall):

Schmarya posted this morning:

"For a long time now I've been doing posts I know many readers don't really care about. I've done those posts because I believe in that particular cause and feel obligated to help.

I do not feel that way anymore.

From now on I'll post only what interests me, and only what I think is best for the blog."

SJ said...

I don't think Shmarya will really quit blogging, the way the orthodox treated him was too unfair.

Ahavah Gayle said...

I don't think he meant to quit completely - just to stop trying to get people to act on issues that are important to him, because they obviously aren't going to.