Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Oh, the horror of it all!!!

I have a confession to make: I have internet - at home! And worse, not only do I play musical instruments, all of my children either take music lessons or play instruments and are in a community youth orchestra, or did when they were school-age.

I know, I know. I'm a terrible person.

How awful it is for them to play music and enjoy it - and the Chanukkah music they played last year for guests over the winter break must have been terribly corrupting, because like addicts everywhere, they didn't stop with just one "concert." Oy. I have ruined my children, all so they could have higher IQs and good extracurricular references for their college applications.

Oh, yeah...about that...I intend for them to learn actual careers and professions and - wait for it - earn a living to support themselves and their families!

I'm clearly a failure as a parent.

And the Internet - heaven forbid - we can actually be informed of current events, economic issues, geopolitical situations, history, science, and (gasp) music from around the world!

Oh, no! Not the music! It's too horrible to contemplate! Internet AND music - together!

Rebbes everywhere recoil in aversion - these activities are banned! So, will I stop allowing my children to do homework online? Will I stop writing blog posts? Will I take their musical instruments and pawn them? Or better yet, destroy them so no other Jewish child is tempted by their evil charm?

Don't hold your breath.

No comments: