Sunday, May 29, 2011

The "Tax the Churches League" lives.*

I'm positive I predicted this a couple of years ago in one of my "futurewatch" posts. It seems congress is now looking at reducing or eliminating the tax deduction for charitable contributions. Right now, the proposal is only for certain income brackets - but no doubt all income brackets and all types of charitable giving will eventually be eliminated from having tax exempt status.

I urge you to go to this site and sign the petition. Your congresspersons will receive a copy automatically.

Don't Let Congress Hurt American Charities

I have also predicted, and I will say it here again, that Congress and other state and local municipalities will eventually move to take property tax exempt status and sales tax exempt status away from religious and charitable institutions.

As the US continues to throw uncounted trillions away down the imperialistic military complex rathole, they will become more and more desperate for everyday operating funds.

Religious and charitable organizations will be an obvious target, especially since the percentage of Americans who belong to any organized religious or social service organization has dwindled to less than half, there will be no way to muster sufficient political will to stop this from happening.

And you're seeing it start here, with charitable giving.

* An Aside: I don't know if there really is such an organization, but it was the name of the "bad guys" in a very cute movie called "Foul Play" with Goldie Hawn and Chevy Chase back in the early 80s, I think. The name has always stuck with me.

No comments: